The Department of Crop Science, University of Cape Coast is organising a 3-day training workshop on "Marketing and uses of Pesticides for Crops and Enviromental Protection from 18th to 21st May, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. each day.
Participants will learn about:
- Steps to follow when establishing a Pesticide business
- Preparing pesticides for use
- Dealing with environmental impact issues and chemic fates of pesticides
- Understanding various pesticides and the right-to-know laws related to pesticide usage and sale
- Calibration of pesticides for application in agricultural, structural or commercial setting
- Impact of pesticide use on health and environment
- Instruction for entering an area or working where pesticides have been applied to perform allowed tasks
The target groups for the workshop, include:
- Crop farmers
- Individuals/Instructors who handle chemicals for plant and environmental protection
- Staff of Enviromental Protection Agency
- Agrochemical dealers
- MoFA Staff
- Sanitary staff of various institutions
- Any other interested person
The cost of participating in the workshop is GH¢300.00. This covers tuition, training and practical materials, certificate and snacks.
For further enquiries on registration and payment, please contact 0242652706 or 0545278330.